Monday, January 19, 2009

Austin TX

A break is nowhere in sight. I am hungry for another challenge as there is ample room for improvement. Things are out of balance; I feel like we are living on borrowed time. To change is to innovate. I must innovate this year. It would be a shame to use 2009 just to go back to where I came from -- a world walking on the brink of collapse, riddled with tension, corruption, greed and hatred.

There is a better way, a new way a new year, and I look forward to tomorrow. Barack is my hero too. I wish I could shake his hand and tell him how happy I am to be a part of it all, even if not in person but at least in spirit I am.




On February 15 I'm running my next marathon, in Austin TX. We registered a full team this time. Paola, JP and his girlfriend Amanda are all running. I wrote to WaterAid asking them to send us their logo so that we can promote their cause at Austin. WaterAid is doing an important service to our human kind, bringing drinking water to those that don't have it.

Did you know? 5000 children die every day from drinking dirty water - the equivalent of 20 airliners filled with children lost everyday to an entirely preventable public health crisis.

I can't believe I live in a world where this is so. It really says a lot about our own self-delusion, our ability to live so removed from one another, sheltered by what we call booming careers, jet-setting, and material wealth. But things are interconnected, and those of us benefiting from globalization to move from rags to riches, should know better than to keep being selfish.

Give today to WaterAID! At least they are trying trying to make a difference, so let's help them.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search blog